Saturday, September 5, 2009

Trusting God When You Don't Understand Why pt 1


Sometimes it's easy for me to trust God in my relationships, especially when I can see cleary what God is doing. But other times it's not so easy for me to trust God. When I cannot understand what is going on in my life and why, it's very difficult for me to just trust God. I came across the Scripture below today and it speaks to my specific situation.

In the Scripture Ezekial has a vision from God. In the vision the flowing river represents the Spirit of God in our lives. The flowing river gets progressively deeper as Ezekial follows it. At times the Spirit is flowing around our ankles, and we can see clearly thru to the bottom, we know exactly what is going on. Other times the Spirit is at our knees or up to our waists. At those times we can walk in it, eventhough we can't see clearly to the bottom, we can still handle what is going on. But at other times, the Spirit is too deep for us to walk in. We have no idea what is going on. And at those times all we can do is trust God to lift us up as we swim in it.

Ezek 47:1-5 (NLT)

1 In my vision, the man brought me back to the entrance of the Temple. There I saw a stream flowing east from beneath the door of the Temple and passing to the right of the altar on its south side.
2 The man brought me outside the wall through the north gateway and led me around to the eastern entrance. There I could see the water flowing out through the south side of the east gateway.
3 Measuring as he went, he took me along the stream for 1,750 feet and then led me across. The water was up to my ankles.
4 He measured off another 1,750 feet and led me across again. This time the water was up to my knees. After another 1,750 feet, it was up to my waist.
5 Then he measured another 1,750 feet, and the river was too deep to walk across.It was deep enough to swim in, but too deep to walk through.

No comments:

Post a Comment