Friday, January 22, 2010

How Do You Please God?


And it is impossible to please God without faith. Anyone who wants to come to him must believe that God exists and that he rewards those who sincerely seek him.
Heb 11:6 (NLT)



When I read the verse above today it hit me like a ton of bricks. I’ve heard my Mom say it time and time again growing up, but when I read it today it just really hit me hard. I try so hard to please God, but sometimes my faith wavers and I find myself trying to do for myself what only God can do for me. But today I was reminded, that without faith it is impossible to please God. Impossible.

Faith is the confidence that what we hope for will actually happen; it gives us assurance about things we cannot see. Heb 11:1 (NLT) Personally, my faith wavers when I can't see what God has promised me. When things look bleak, I sometimes forget the promises that God has made to me. But I am remembering that faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen. Heb 11:1 KJV and that without faith it is impossible to please God.

1 comment:

  1. Nea,
    I will not go into how God led me to your blog today...I'm learning that He puts us together based on what we've learned, endured, been blessed with, loved, lost, and hoped for. I am a "divorce survivor" myself. I just want to tell you, as I'm sure you already know since you are here praising Him and lifting up His name, but I just want to say my life is proof that He IS a redeemer of all things. He will "restore what the locusts have eaten" out of your life and give you "exceedingly more than you can ask or imagine." I just wanted to tell you/remind you that you are and always have been His precious girl, His beautiful daughter, His bride. Yes, faith pleases Him, but as a Father He also wants us to be at peace and remember we are loved beyond measure though we cannot ever begin to earn it. Sometimes I strive too hard, thinking I have to earn something from Him. I guess I just want to remind you today and tell you God is absolutely crazy about you! He never stopped being...and never will. He can't help it. He IS love. :) I don't know your situation. My words may not be appropriate. Just had to stop and say, "Go on, praise HIM! He's going to bring you out victorious!"
    God's peace.

    ReplyDelete