Monday, August 24, 2009

God is Near


I just wanted to share something that I feel God spoke to me yesterday. When I pray I often think of God as being far off. Sometimes I look up into the sky and pray, picturing God in Heaven. And sometimes I close my eyes and look down, picturing myself alone sending a prayer to God. And I felt like God asked me yesterday, why do I pray as if God is not right here with me???
God has given us part of Himself. He first gave us Jesus, our lifeline to Him. And Jesus sent us the Holy Spirit, which dwells within us. The Holy Spirit is right here WITH us.
God the Father is watching us closely and lovingly, like a mother watching her child. And Jesus is seated next to Him praying on our behalf. But the Holy Spirit is right here =) Be blessed...

1 comment:

  1. Just across this pic. Lovely image of God. Where's it from? Would love to use it in an article I'm writing about images of God.
    Best wishes
    Brendan

    ReplyDelete