Wednesday, August 19, 2009


Tonight we had New Members Confirmation at my church and our Pastor preached from Isaiah 6:1-8. In this passage the Prophet Isaiah had a vision of God sitting on a throne and the train of His robe filling the temple. Isaiah felt unworthy to see such a sight and confessed that he was a sinner, and so was everyone around him (sounds familiar ;-) And then an Angel of God took a burning coal from the altar and: "He touched my lips with it and said, “See, this coal has touched your lips. Now your guilt is removed, and your sins are forgiven.”
Then Isaiah heard the Lord asking, “Whom should I send as a messenger to this people? Who will go for us?” And he said, “Here I am. Send me.” Isaiah 6:7-8 (NLT)
I thought it was so interesting that after God chose Isaiah to reveal himself to, he still did not force His arm to do His will. God forgave the mans sins and showed him His glory, but then still ASKED, "Whom shall I send?"

No comments:

Post a Comment