Friday, December 18, 2009

When It Feels Like You're Drowning...


There have been times when people have wanted to hurt me (physically, emotionally, and on the job) and they just weren't able to. It was like God himself stepped down from heaven and stopped it....
God loves us more than we know, and God cares more for us than we could ever imagine. He loves us enough to untie the ropes of sickness when they threaten our lives. He loves us enough to reach down from heaven and rescue us when we're drowning. And when people literally plot against us, He loves us enough to stop them. NO ONE can love us like He does.

God is not just watching us from Heaven. He is here with us and will step in right on time.

Psalm 18
1 I love you, Lord;
you are my strength.
2 The Lord is my rock, my fortress, and my savior;
my God is my rock, in whom I find protection.
He is my shield, the power that saves me,
and my place of safety.
3 I called on the Lord, who is worthy of praise,
and he saved me from my enemies.
4 The ropes of death entangled me;
floods of destruction swept over me.
5 The grave wrapped its ropes around me;
death laid a trap in my path.
6 But in my distress I cried out to the Lord;
yes, I prayed to my God for help.
He heard me from his sanctuary;
my cry to him reached his ears.
7 Then the earth quaked and trembled.
The foundations of the mountains shook;
they quaked because of his anger.
8 Smoke poured from his nostrils;
fierce flames leaped from his mouth.
Glowing coals blazed forth from him.
9 He opened the heavens and came down;
dark storm clouds were beneath his feet.
10 Mounted on a mighty angelic being, he flew,
soaring on the wings of the wind.
11 He shrouded himself in darkness,
veiling his approach with dark rain clouds.
12 Thick clouds shielded the brightness around him
and rained down hail and burning coals.
13 The Lord thundered from heaven;
the voice of the Most High resounded
amid the hail and burning coals.
14 He shot his arrows and scattered his enemies;
his lightning flashed, and they were greatly confused.
15 Then at your command, O Lord,
at the blast of your breath,
the bottom of the sea could be seen,
and the foundations of the earth were laid bare.
16 He reached down from heaven and rescued me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
17 He rescued me from my powerful enemies,
from those who hated me and were too strong for me.
18 They attacked me at a moment when I was in distress,
but the Lord supported me.
19 He led me to a place of safety;
he rescued me because he delights in me.
Psalms 18:1-19 (NLT)

1 comment:

  1. Thank you so much for writing!

    I believe I was led to your blog today, while searching for a picture to put with an inspirational quote on my facebook page.

    I saw your header, and that became my status. I love the NLT translation of Eph 3:17-18!

    So I started reading your blog and watching the videos on it, and I just want to say, I hope you keep writing, and keep posting!

    Your words of encouragement and your posts of scripture lifted me today. And when I shared them on my facebook page, others were lifted and thanked me. What a gift God's love is!

    Anyway, I just wanted to say, I can't wait to read more. If you ever wondered if what you are doing makes a difference, ( though I am sure many have told you already how much your blog means to them) know that you touched a complete stranger today, and helped her feel God's amazing presence.

    Love and Blessings to you,
    Samantha

    ReplyDelete